Join Our Team!
Marketing & Communications Fellow
Open Works, Baltimore’s largest nonprofit makerspace, is looking for an enthusiastic individual to help drive membership growth and sell classes in our building.
Our mission is to make tools, technology, and the knowledge to use them accessible to all.
About the Position:
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working to support Baltimore’s growing community of makers and thrive in a startup environment. The Open Works Marketing & Communications Fellow will report directly to the BARCO Marketing & Communications Manager and work closely with the Open Works Executive Director. A stipend is available and will be commensurate with experience. The position will begin in October and run through the end of June, at which time the contract will be re-evaluated.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to increase memberships and sell classes
- Develop and manage special events designed to drive membership growth and sell classes
- Manage all of the Open Works social media channels
- Generate dynamic content for the blog
- Work closely with Open Works staff to keep the website updated
- Represent Open Works by tabling community events & festivals
- 1+ year experience with marketing or sales, ideally for a nonprofit or startup
- Strong writing skills
- Experience managing and generating content for social media channels and blogs
- Experience managing WordPress sites
- Experience with graphic design and design software like Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Strong familiarity with the national and local maker movement
- Some nights and weekends will be required
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until October 6.